Standing Still
By Me
December 2006
If time could stand still, this would be the moment of choice.
The chance to get back what was once lost.
As if in a dream, walking on clouds,
There is a happiness and calm that has been long forgotten.
A gift to be cherished, crossing paths once again.
Not by chance, but with purpose, longing for something more.
You are the candle I never want to let burn for fear, if I do,
You will be gone from my life forever.
Sheltered Dreams
By Me
December 2006
Alone with my thoughts for two moments too long,
I come to feel a pain that is new to me.
The pain of love lost, of friendship lost.
The pain of missing you to the core of my soul,
Where I have held you close for all these years.
You were gone from my life but not from my heart,
Where memories of you cease to fade.
Only now do I feel that I am spinning out of control,
And you are slipping from my reach…
If this was how it would come to be,
I never would have called out to you.
I would have kept my dreams sheltered and close,
Where they were safe from harm, and special only to me.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
To a friend...
Posted by
Six Green Zebras
at
5:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment