Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Meme? On little, ol' me?

Earlier this week I was tagged by both Blog Antagonist and Mischief to write 10 quirky, interesting things about myself. Here goes nothing!

1. I was pregnant before I got married. It's my dirty little secret, we found out about 3 weeks before the wedding. My grandma was so funny, she actually said: "It's okay, we just won't mention it at the wedding." I got cursed with morning sickness three days before the big day and was 'under the influence' of phenergan for the ceremony, I could barely stay awake! We went out to a very nice restaurant for dinner with a few friends and I ate a hamburger - cravings, go figure!

2. If the Little Man had been a girl, his name would have been Kila Elizabeth. Before his father and I started dating I went on a trip to Kila, Montana - it's breathtakingly beautiful and I decided then and there that if I ever had a girl, that would be her name. He wasn't a girl, and I'm having no more, I got a kitten a few years ago - her name is Kila.

3. I am terrified of ants. In the seventh grade we lived in a house that was infested with carpenter ants. If you would bang on the ceiling, sawdust would fall, you would get bit in your sleep, it was creepy. I can't stand ants, of any kind. Give me snakes or spiders any day, ants - heck NO!

4. In high school, I lettered in color guard. I loved color guard, didn't make dance team so I had to settle, LOL. We would go to competitions, we were in parades, we did 1/2 time at football games with the band - it was so much fun!

5. In high school, I was a square dancer! Wow - can't believe I admitted that. I was dating a guy who was a square dancer and his parents made me do it. It was actually a lot of fun and I'm still friends with people I met there. Do-Si-Do.

6. I like to write poetry when I'm feeling down. I wrote my first poem after my grandpa passed away, that was in 1994, and have been writing inconsistently since then. For some reason I am only compelled to write when there are tragic things going on in my life.

7. I got my drivers license the weekend after I graduated high school. I managed to go my entire senior year bumming rides off of people after school - never had to ride the bus. One day I rode with a friend who had just got her first car - an OLD VW Beetle (brown). She was adjusting the radio and took a corner too fast, we got in a pretty bad accident, almost hit the other car head on at 60+ MPH, instead we took out the whole side of her car. Everyone walked away from the accident, scared the living day lights out of me.

8. I've known since 2nd grade that I would be a teacher. I don't think that I ever had any other career aspirations. The only thing that changed was from teaching elementary school to preschool - other than that, it's always been teaching. I naively thought that being a mom would be a piece of cake after teaching preschool - I was way wrong! I sometimes wish I had finished college, not so that I could teach elementary school, but so that I had a degree. Now I can't fathom the idea of going back to school. I envy those that go back as adults.

9. I think I gave my son OCD. Everything in my 'world' has to be even, or at least not alone - especially when I'm loading and unloading the dishwasher. There has to be at least 2 pieces of silverware in each compartment, more than one plate on each side, more than one thing in the top, etc. When I unload the dishwasher I will take them out piles at a time so that nothing is left in the dishwasher by itself. When I go up stairs I count them - if I will end on an odd number, I'll skip the last step so that it's even. Weird.

10. I suffer from insomnia. I sleep about 3 hours, then wake up for 2, and then sleep for 2 or 3 more. It sucks. I'm glad I have cable or I would spend hours staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night. Thankfully I've always been a morning person or I would be one nasty lady most of the time!

Alright - I think that does it! 10 useless bits of trivia about myself. I'm going to tag my sister! Love ya!

0 comments: